1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registered ChatMates enjoy more benefits. Get likes to your post to earn more trophy points, this gives you a higher credibility among other ChatMates. Register now and have more fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. As a guest, you cannot see the member list. Register now to have access to the full list of member profiles.
    Dismiss Notice

The caution to Public Display of Affection

Discussion in 'News & Society' started by Didi, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Didi

Didi Leading ChatmMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

It doesn’t hurt to show some little affection to a dear one in public. This tells your partner they are appreciated and valued and how proud you are of them. But have you witnessed a couple who couldn’t keep their hands off each other? If you have, do you remember how uncomfortable you felt or how weird it was looking at them? For those who haven’t, it is quite gross and steals the joy of the moment.

There are some factors to consider should one be thinking about showing a little PDA to make their significant other feel special. Remember a lot of people have strong opinions with this issue hence take care not to be embarrassed so please consider how your partner will feel, the environment you find yourself in, the age group of those around you and the type of event or gathering you happen to find yourselves since showing affection outside if not properly undertaken can be disastrous. For instance, you do not launch your PDA skills at a traditional event in Ghana. You will leave with a shattered reputation.

Etiquette comes in play during a public display of affection. While it is alright to hold hands, hug briefly or share occasional affectionate glances, going overboard with these lead you precisely into the appropriate area. Beware that, there are limits to this that one needs to be conscious of always.

Not adhering to the limits of public display of affection leads to it becoming inappropriate and an eyesore. Therefore it is not accepted from couples to publicly grope each other, initiate a make out session or constantly keep your hands running over your partner’s body. Engaging in these is equal to airing one’s dirty linen in public. What does one gain? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

To the reader out there, this is not for your eyes and mind only. Make sure some other person out there knows about this too.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Adjei Journey likes this.
  2. Chimsa Baba

Chimsa Baba Contributing ChatMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

I agree with this assertive observation. It is very uncomfortable watching couples go overboard when displaying public affection and I think couples should do that privately.

Faustinus and Didi like this.
  3. Didi

Didi Leading ChatmMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

Good

I'm glad to have a supporter out there to help spread that couples shouldn't engage in PDA inappropriately. Thanks Chimsa

Faustinus likes this.
  4. Faustinus

Faustinus Addicted ChatMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

This is a very sensitive matter. Personally I think different societies and communities look at it differently. Plus inappropriate is a very relative term.

Didi likes this.
  5. Adjei Journey

Adjei Journey Leading ChatmMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

Nice Information. With the public affection display, I don't personally see anything wrong with that. I hope you referring to institutions that do not condone this. for that i agree.

Didi likes this.
  6. Manny Obeng

Manny Obeng Leading ChatmMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

sorry to cut in the fun guys but just like ernest , i also dont see anything wrong with public display of affection. It is true that some couples go over board and all but basically if i see a married couple hugging out or even making out in my presence, it doesnt really tickle me. Maybe i have just seen a lot of hollywood movies, so maybe i have been aclamatized to it.

My Uncle and aunt always give cute and short kisses to eah other confirming their love for each other even after many years of marriage. ANd the fun thing is they dont care where exactly in public. well they have a few exceptions however, like their place of worship and some few others. but in general i think it is a great preactice. Studies even show that couples who do that tend to last more than those who dont, so its your choice guys.

Didi likes this.
  7. Max Trevelyan

Max Trevelyan Leading ChatmMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

Public Display of Affection are a no go area for me. I am not saying I would not like to hold hands and hug my significant other in public. I would hold her hands and hug her even going as far as kissing her on the cheek and that is it. It gets to a point where it becomes uncomfortable when you are around people like that especially in a very public place. It sometimes feels weird and gross.
    Certain displays should be made private and a few others can be made public. My two cents on the matter