1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registered ChatMates enjoy more benefits. Get likes to your post to earn more trophy points, this gives you a higher credibility among other ChatMates. Register now and have more fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. As a guest, you cannot see the member list. Register now to have access to the full list of member profiles.
    Dismiss Notice

Scholarship for African Students in Cyprus

Discussion in 'Cyprus Scholarship Opportunities Chats' started by Max Trevelyan, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Max Trevelyan

Max Trevelyan Leading ChatmMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

Africa, despite all its resources, is considered to be the poorest continent in the world. Most African students who wish to study abroad usually seek out scholarship opportunities from schools before applying. Most African students genuinely know they cannot afford to pay the full fees charged by several universities abroad and thus the reason why scholarships are very important to them. In Cyprus there are great scholarship opportunities for all international students including Africans.

International Students from Africa can choose from over 10 universities in North Cyprus that they wish to attend and most of these schools provide great scholarship opportunities.

The scholarships can be given to students on financial needs basis. This means that students form poor areas or homes have opportunity to apply for this type of scholarship and if the school finds you deserving of this opportunity, will offer you the scholarship.

Some African students are very proficient in several sporting disciplines and this can be help them apply for sports based scholarship. This type of scholarship is for students who actively take part in sporting activities for their schools. Those who excel in this area tend to have bigger opportunities waiting for them.

African students no longer have to worry about studying abroad and paying huge fees yearly. Are you looking to study abroad? Apply to study in Cyprus now.

Aseda likes this.
  2. Faustinus

Faustinus Addicted ChatMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

This is a great breakthrough for Africans everywhere, but please can you provide us with the fees for the various programs ?

3. Max Trevelyan

Max Trevelyan Leading ChatmMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

This is a link to the EMU website where the fees for the various programs are Tuition Fees & Payment | Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), Cyprus

Most Universities in Cyprus charge similar fees to the ones at EMU

Faustinus likes this.
  4. Faustinus

Max Trevelyan likes this.
  5. Max Trevelyan

You are welcome bro. Glad I could be of help

6. Aseda

Aseda Active ChatMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

Can one get a scholarship if he or she is not from a poor home but just handicapped financially at the moment?

Faustinus likes this.
  7. Faustinus

this is a tricky question, I guess Max will be the best person to address it

Aseda likes this.
  8. Max Trevelyan

It is possible. This is because all students can apply for scholarship. There are several different scholarship opportunities that a person can apply for. You can apply for the merit based or sports scholarship.

9. Faustinus

But I must still say that if I just have to declare that am from an impoverished and underprivileged home in order to get my scholarship, I would readily proclaim it. Even if it will be in front of the whole student assembly. Instead of trying to explain the fact that am just in a momentary financial handicap. I mean its scholarship we talking about here. ;)

Max Trevelyan likes this.
  10. Max Trevelyan

Exactly Faustinus. It is better to proclaim it loudly than do it secretly and miss out on the opportunity.

Faustinus likes this.