1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registered ChatMates enjoy more benefits. Get likes to your post to earn more trophy points, this gives you a higher credibility among other ChatMates. Register now and have more fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. As a guest, you cannot see the member list. Register now to have access to the full list of member profiles.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyprus 2017 Scholarships

Discussion in 'Cyprus Scholarship Opportunities Chats' started by Max Trevelyan, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Max Trevelyan

Max Trevelyan Leading ChatmMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

The 2017/18 academic year starts officially in August of 2017 and this means that a lot of students should be arriving in Cyprus to begin the registration process. New students will undergo a months’ worth of orientation as they gradually settle into life as a student in Cyprus.

Students who were able to apply before the deadline and managed to receive their admissions in time for this academic year to start will also be hoping for their scholarships.

As an applicant, the moment you receive confirmation of submission from the university you applied to, the next logical thing would be to write back to admissions and ask them for scholarships. Once you inform the school of your need for scholarship, they will then process your application along with the scholarship request.

After gaining admission, the school will offer you the appropriate scholarship that you applied for and this only happens if you are eligible for the scholarship. All students who applied for scholarship in the fall admissions should be receiving notices and replies from their schools and programs.

If you missed the fall admissions, you can start applying for the spring admissions. Do not forget to apply for scholarship the moment the schools informs you of receipt of your application.

Faustinus likes this.
  2. Faustinus

Faustinus Addicted ChatMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

Ok, so I actually have to apply separately for scholarship, I was under the impression that the scholarship and admission application are done simultaneously.

3. Max Trevelyan

Max Trevelyan Leading ChatmMate Moderator Watchout - Actively Moderating Privileged

You need to inform the school of your need for a scholarship before they offer it to you. If a person does not request for scholarship, it is assumed that the do not need it so if you want scholarship, you have to inform the school. By informing the school, they can process your scholarship request along with your admission.

Faustinus likes this.
  4. Faustinus

thanks for the quick reply, however I heard some schools have about 50% scholarship for all international students admitted........

5. Max Trevelyan

Yes there are schools that offer 50% scholarship to all international students admitted. EMU, CIU and NEU are among some of them.

Faustinus likes this.
  6. Faustinus

AAhaa! This is the good news I wanted to confirm. Thank you for the reply @Max Trevelyan

Max Trevelyan likes this.
  7. Max Trevelyan

You are welcome bro. Glad I could be of help to you

Faustinus likes this.
  8. Brian

Brian Guest

Hey, can you apply for more than one scholarships if you are unable to pay the 1000€ to get the admission letter?

Faustinus likes this.
  9. Faustinus

hey Brian, thats a good question. But you know, if you place multiple applications for scholarships with the same University, you will still only be picked for one. So I guess it will be irrelevant if the aim is to waive the 1000€ for the admission letter.